Unfortunately, most of the time, the spa is underutilized or even empty. As a result spa’s in hotels often represent an additional cost factor, instead of an incremental revenue source.
Many hotel property owners and hotel management teams of city hotels, resorts, conference hotels and upscale country side B&B’s are adding a luxury Spa to their property. Why? Because by adding a spa to their hotel they will:
- Create a competitive advantage
- Increase the guest experience
- Drive up the ADR, revenues and profitability
- Generate additional revenue streams
- Raise the value of the property.
The Spa Product needs to be managed more strategically! This is why Hotels must apply Revenue Management to the Spa.